WSIM Logo

The Avalon Hill Game Company's Trademark for its Fighting Sail Game

Naval Warfare During the Age of Fighting Sail

Avalon Hill Design Credits

Historical Research & Design
Craig Taylor
Game Development
Stephen Peek & Battleline Publications
Rules Development & Expansion
Mick Uhi
Artwork
W. Scott Moores, Donald Greenwood, Thomas N. Shaw
Components Design
Mick Uhi
Playtesting
Wes Coates, Paul O'Neill, George Uhi, Ken Trapp, Joe Hummel and members of Interest Group Baltimore
Rules Assistance
Neil Zimmerer, Timothy Hitchings, Bill Rohrbeck
Printing
Monarch Services, Inc.
Type Setting
Colonial Composition
Cover Art
FIRST RECOGNITION OF THE AMERICAN FLAG BY A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT, FEBRUARY 14,1778. Oil on canvas by Edward Moran. Courtesy of the U.S. Naval Academy Museum.

The U.S. Naval Academy Museum, established in 1845, is a repository of historic and artistic objects pertaining to the role of the naval officer in the history of our country. The Museum with its excellent collections of ship models, paintings, prints, flags, swords and other naval artifacts is open to the public without charge Tuesdays through Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other areas of interest at the Naval Academy include the Chapel containing the crypt of John Paul Jones and Bancroft Hall which is one of the largest college dormitories in the world. The grounds of the Academy located at the confluence of Severn River, Annapolis Roads and Chesapeake Bay offer the possibility of pleasant strolls with beautiful vistas of the water. Wednesday afternoons in the spring and fall the brigade of Midshipmen conduct formal dress parades on Worden Field.